I. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
C. CHILDRENThe Websites are not designed for, or directed to, children under the age of 16 and JAXXON does not intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of 16 on the Websites. If JAXXON discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
III. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Demographic, Contact, Financial, Profile, or Marketing and Communications Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our Websites;
- subscribe to emails or newsletters;
- request services or other information;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback about products, services, or the Websites.
- Technical Information from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks; and
- search information.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Information from publicly available sources.
- Information provided from other users. If you decide to invite a third party to create an account and/or purchase our merchandise, we will collect the Identity and Contact Information you provide (e.g., name and e-mail address) for you and the third party in order to send a message to the third party and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to collect such information and contact the third party as described in the foregoing sentence. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
- NAI Opt-Out Tool
- DAA Consumer Choice
- DAA AppChoices
VI. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may use the information we collect about you, including Personal Information and Usage Data:
- to provide you with our products and services and related customer service;
- to process your registration and account creation with the Websites, including verifying your contact information is active and valid;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- to provide improved administration of our Websites and services;
- to process transactions you initiate, process payments and provide accurate billing and shipping;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- to bill you for JAXXON products or services
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes of JAXXON;
- to market our products/services, including recommending products/services that might be of interest to you;
- to improve our Websites, product and service offerings;
- to present our Websites and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to customize and tailor your experience on the Websites, for example, by displaying content that we think you might be interested in;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services for internal business purposes;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Websites and, in our discretion, changes to the Websites policies or functionality; and
A. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONSWe may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.You will receive newsletters or marketing communications from us if you have requested information from, purchased goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have consented receiving marketing communications at that time.
B. COOKIESA cookie is a data file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Websites more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain information about blocking and deleting cookies for some commonly used browsers via the links below:
- Internet Explorer:
- Opera: and
- to comply with a valid legal inquiry, investigation, or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order, or if in our opinion such disclosure is required by law;
- to obtain or maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain professional advice, or establish, exercise or defend legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
- to protect the safety, interests, rights, property or security of JAXXON, you, or any third party; this may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to respond to a breach or attempted breach of the security of our Websites;
- at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
VIII. YOUR CHOICESYou have several choices regarding the use of information on our Websites and services:
A. ACCESSING, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR DELETING INFORMATIONYou can review, request access to, update, correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.comYou may request deletion of your Personal information by contacting us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. Also, note that we may need to delete your user account in order to delete your Personal Information.You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you contact us with changes, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for our administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
C. CHOOSING NOT TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATIONYou may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you may still be able to access and use some of the Websites; however you may not be able to access and use those portions of the Websites that require your Personal Information. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails by following the opt-out instructions above or provided to you in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of any of the Websites (for example, administrative and service announcements, shipping notices, and order confirmations) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
D. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONSWe strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can opt-out of such communications as outlined in Section B, abovePlease note that you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
E. DE-LINKING THIRD PARTY INTERACTIONS AND SNSAs set forth in Section IV, our Websites and services enable you to interact with or post content to certain third parties and SNSs. If you would like to discontinue these interactions and connections, please refer to the privacy settings of the third party or SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
IX. DATA SECURITYJAXXON uses commercially reasonable security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please note that no system can be completely secure and JAXXON does not ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect. You use our Websites and provide us with your information at your own risk.We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
XI. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSPursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, residents of the State of California have the right to request from companies conducting business in California certain information regarding JAXXON’s disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that California resident’s personal information to third parties (and in some cases, affiliates) for their direct marketing purposes.If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties and affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following mailing address: JAXXON LLC, Attn: Privacy, 770 S Grand Ave, Suite 7157 Los Angeles CA 90017. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
XIII. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
B. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATAWe will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform obligations relating to a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Our legitimate interests include those related to conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
D. DATA RETENTIONWe will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see the Request Erasure subsection below for further information.In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
E. CHANGE OF PURPOSEWe will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
F.EU RESIDENT PERSONAL DATA RIGHTSUnder certain circumstances, EU Residents may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as outlined below:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons that will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information that override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.