TERMS & CONDITIONSTERMS & CONDITIONSJAXXON, LLC ("JAXXON")Effective Date: March 2017Last Updated Date: April 14, 2021PLEASE READ THIS TERMS & CONDITIONS AGREEMENT (THE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING, BROWSING OR USING THE JAXXON WEBSITE AVAILABLE AT WWW.JAXXON.COM OR ANY WEBSITE WITH LINKS TO THIS AGREEMENT (THE “WEBSITE”) IN ANY WAY OR CLICKING AN “I ACCEPT” OR SIMILAR BUTTON, YOU REPRESENT THAT (1) YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS, (2) YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT WITH JAXXON, AND (3) YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR, AND TO BIND THAT COMPANY TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE.THESE TERMS INCLUDE A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND A WAIVER OF JURY TRIALS, AND REQUIRE BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE MOST DISPUTES.THESE TERMS LIMIT THE REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.PLEASE NOTE THAT the Terms are subject to change by JAXXON in its sole discretion at any time. When changes are made, JAXXON will make a new copy of the Terms available at the Website. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Terms. If we make any material changes, and you have provided us with your e-mail address, we will also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us. Any changes to the Terms will be effective immediately for new users of the Website and will be effective for existing users upon the earlier of thirty (30) days after posting of notice of such changes on the Website or thirty (30) days after dispatch of an e-mail notice of such changes. JAXXON may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms in a specified manner before further use of the Website is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Website. Otherwise, your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE WEBSITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS.
- Use of the Website.
Terms of Service
l. You are shopping on a merchant' s website (the "Merchant"). If you place an order with the Merchant for delivery to
an address in the UK (a "Qualifying Customer Order"), where the total value of the Products comprising of that order
does not exceed 135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling, or where Products comprising of that order
are sent in separate consignments the value of which does not exceed 135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds
Sterling, the Products will be sold by Passport Global Limited ("Passport"), in the way we describe below.
2. If you place a Qualifying Customer Order, the item(s) that you are purchasing will be sold first by the Merchant to
Passport, and then by Passport to you. Passport becomes the "Supplier" of goods for UK VAT purposes in relation to
your purchase. Your payment information, shipping address, and any additional information required or requested to
complete your order will be shared directly with Passport and its nominated agents and contractors, in order to enable
Passport complete your Customer Order.
3. Your Qualifying Customer Order is subject to: (1) these Terms of Service; and (2) any relevant terms and conditions
imposed by the Merchant. By completing your purchase, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by
all of these.
4. By placing a Customer Order on the Merchant's website, you understand and agree that:
4.1 You are dealing with and providing your information to Passport. Passport is entitled to verify and authenticate your
payment information, and if it is unable to verify this information, Passport may contact you and/or your payment card
issuer to confirm your identity and/or your intent to place the order.
4.2 If there is an error in the price listed for a product on the Merchant' s website, or in the price applied to the product
during the sale of and processing of your order for the product, Passport is entitled to contact you, correct the
price.and/or cancel your order.
4.3 The Merchant remains responsible for handling payment for your order.
4.4 Once your payment is processed, ownership in the items will shift from Passport, to you, and, the items in your
order will be provided to a carrier for shipment to you.
4.5 Passport or the Merchant will direct the carrier to ship your order to the shipping address you provided. Certain
addresses will be ineligible for shipment, such as PO box addresses.
4.6 Passport may refuse service, refuse to process or complete Qualifying Customer Orders, remove or edit content, or
cancel such orders for any reason or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
4.7 If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, approval of your parent or guardian is
required to complete your purchase.
5. Currency. You may select your preferred payment method and currency from a list of options available at the time of
checkout. Please note that the relative value of currencies may vary, and as a result, the actual purchase price for items
in your order may vary based on the currency selected.
6. Billing. If you use a payment card or other electronic form of payment as your payment type, the charges to
youraccount for your order will be subject to the Merchant' s terms and conditions.
7. Shipping. Items in your order may be shipped via a single shipment, or via multiple shipments. If items in your
Qualifying Customer Order are shipped via multiple shipments, or if your order is only partially filled and shipped, you
will only be charged for those items that are actually shipped to you.
8. Chargebacks, Fraud Prevention and Void Transactions. For your protection, Passport may use various fraud
prevention protocols and policies, and industry-standard verification systems, to reduce fraud and minimize
chargeback risks. You must comply with such protocols and policies, including card authentication, and "ship to" and
"bill to" address verification. Once an order is placed, you may not change any authenticated payment information or
any verified "ship to"/"bill to" address. If there is a systemic error which results in the processing or acceptance of a
transaction for which authorisation has been declined, that transaction will be void.
9. Customer Service and Returns. Questions or complaints about your order should be directed to the Merchant in the first instance. Passport may work with the Merchant as necessary to resolve your issue. The Merchant is authorised to allow for returns or refunds on orders in accordance with the Merchant's policy, including to reimburse you for the original sales prices of returned products. Passport may refuse any return requested if a restriction applies to the item for which the return is requested. You accept that your sole remedies are against Merchant.
10. General Terms. The following general terms apply whenever you place a Qualifying Customer Order through theMerchant's website:
10. l Compliance with Applicable Laws. You certify that any products purchased through a Qualifying Customer Order will not be exported, sold, or transferred in violation of any applicable laws, including without limitation the United States Export Administration Regulations or applicable United States sanctions and embargoes administered by the United States Treasury Department, nor It is your responsibility to know the laws of the country into which you are importing any products that you order from the Merchant's website. By placing an Qualifying Customer Order you certify that the import of the products you have ordered to the country of the shipping address you have provided does not violate any laws or regulations of that country.
10.3 Electronic Communications. When you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant's website, you are communicating with Passport electronically, and you consent to entering into this agreement by electronic means, and to receive communications from Passport electronically/via email.
10.4 Modifications. You acknowledge that Passport may make changes to its system, policies, and these Terms ofService at any time. Passport will ensure that the current version of these Terms of Service is presented every time you make a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant's website. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms of Service each time you make a Customer Service. If you do not agree to any change in the Terms of Service, you must not complete your order. Any order placed after the effective date of a change will constitute your agreement to the change and to the current Terms of Service.
10.5 Severability. If any or any portion of these Terms of Service is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable.that term or portion of terms will be severed, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
10.6 Proceedings. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service must be brought in the courts of California, United States, and you hereby irrevocably agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of California, United Statesfor all such purposes.
10.7 Language. The parties have agreed and expressly requested that this agreement and all documents related to it be drawn up in English.
End of Terms